How can I help?
“Come to Christ, who is the living cornerstone of God’s temple. He was rejected by the people, but he is precious to God who chose Him. And now God (here is where we come in) is building you, as living stones, into his church!”
Liferoads is a community of people who are working together to construct a church that is defined by its people – not the building or activities! 1 Peter 2:4-5 has made a large impression on us and we use it as a starting point. Christ is our foundation and together we our efforts are multiplied in order to accomplish our mission.
Of course, a unified community of people must understand what brings them to unity and how they function together, so here is what unites us:
- We are Christ followers – we believe Jesus is the son of God and was raised from the dead in order to save us from the penalty of sin. Speaking of sin – we have repented and understand that Jesus paid the penalty of death! WE ARE FREE! Based on this we apply – Ephesians 4:15-16!
- We have been (or are looking to be) baptized in water. This is an excellent expression of an inward reality. I have placed the life of old in the grave and I am now living a new life! Another great reason is that Jesus did it and He said it is the right thing to do – Matthew 3:15!
- We actively participate! This includes attending weekend services and special events as well as joining us on Wednesday nights for U.Night, our family’s mid-week gathering. Also, take a peel at some of the outreach activities available at Liferoads. It is important to know that this is not done to seek God or someone else’s approval. It’s because we love God and want to actively love others – Hebrews 10:24-25!
- We find ways to discover and use our spiritual gifts! Exercising is so important physically and the Bible says spiritual exercise is even more important. One way for spiritual exercise is to apply our spiritual gifts within the church family –1 Corinthians 12!
- We support the church with our financial giving. A tithe is defined as: a specific amount given on a regular basis as God directs. A gift is defined as: an amount given over and above the tithe based on God’s special provision or need. We encourage you to study the scriptures we have included in our Doctrinal Statement.